Facts & Figures
- 1 in 4 women will suffer from Domestic Abuse during their lifetime.
- On average, a woman will have been assaulted 35 times before she
- On average, it will take a woman 7 years to permanently leave an
- It often starts or escalates during pregnancy.
- Domestic Abuse is experienced by women regardless of class or
other social differences such as race or age.
- 2 women per week are killed in England and Wales by partners and/or
- 1 in 3 marriages that breakdown involve Domestic Abuse.
- There is a recognised link between Domestic Abuse and Child Abuse.
- Only 1 in 3 crimes resulting in injury are reported to the Police.
- In a home where there is Domestic Abuse pets are likely to suffer
- Research by NCH states that 73% of mothers said children had
witnessed Domestic Abuse.
- Two thirds of refuge residents are children.
- It often continues after separation.